Saturday, October 06, 2012

Leapin' Deer Adventure

John's sister Karen and her kids were down for the Thanksgiving weekend so on Saturday I suggested we take them to Leapin' Deer Adventure Farm- its about 10 mins away. They have a corn maze, mini putt, tractor rides, animals to feed and pet and much more. John and I went with some friends and their kids years ago during the summer and had a great time and I have always wanted to go back with Owen.
So we went. We had a great time, the kids had a ton of fun, it was unfortunate that it was REALLY cold. Wow we could have been dressed for winter, so we didn't get to stay as long as we wanted because we were just so cold but we still got to do lots!



 They had mini tractor wheely things you could drive around on a track. James and Tim spent a good chunk of time racing eachother on there.


 Corn on the Cob tractor ride!

 Into the corn maze, Karen, Rebecca and Sam are at the lookout to see where we should go. Its about a 45 minute maze with different markers to find.

 Petting the goats. Last time we went the highlight was the pig races but they were later in the afternoon so we didn't get to see them :(

One more thing: okay I had a blast into my childhood. I have always wanted to bounce around on these balls- ever since I saw the movie "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead" where she bounced around the store with her boyfriend- I always loved that scene and thought it was so romantic as a teenager :) I think Becky thought I was too old to bounce but as he says in the movie "you are never too old to bounce" I quite enjoyed it! :) John got a little clip of me bouncing around. Sometimes it can be such an awesome thing to act like a kid again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I love doing fall family things! take care!

    ReplyDelete