I think Owen's room is just about complete. Knowing me I will constantly be adding things to it! I still have a few planes to add but John has to work on them and that won't be happening for awhile. I'd love to get a bigger one to hang from the ceiling.
I picked a blueish/grey for the walls and then did red and white stripes on the one wall. The stripes were fun and a challenge but I love the end result. We also ripped off all the old trim and replaced the closet and hall door. Its amazing what new trim and doors can do for a room!
The plane pictures are from an old plane calendar I found in an antique store and I framed them. And then of course there is my red dresser and blue chair that I picked up on the side of the road and redid. The one thing that doesn't match is my stained crate but I wasn't willing to paint it and I'll probably make him something else to put his toys into but this will do for now.
I picked up the white and red frames from IKEA and the artwork are pieces he has painted and I will change them as he creates new ones.
This bookshelf is probably my favourite piece in the room. I made it from an old pallet. Painted it white and then sanded it down to create a bit of a rustic look. It holds a ton of books and we get use out of it everyday as Owen is a huge book lover.
These airplane decals were an exciting find. I saw them on Pinterest and it led me to an American site where they were kinda pricey and I wasn't willing to buy it from a company I had never heard of. I decided to go on Amazon.ca to see what they had and I found the same pack for half the price. So exciting. I love them.
I also made the coat hanger from the same pallet, painted and sanded it down. Then I added red faucet handles I found at Home Hardware as the hooks- the idea which I got from Pinterest.
I was going to build him a headboard with many ideas I had but I just couldn't get motivated to do it, that will be for another time. I also bought a curtain rod and material to make him a valance for over his blinds.
It was fun to have a project to work on and it was all I thought about for many weeks! Now we are planning on redoing our bathroom which is even more exciting.
Wow Amanda! i am sure he loves it! Your stripes are impressive...I have not attempted stripes yet, but I might just have to find a spot for some! Great colors!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun room!
ReplyDelete