Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quiltin'

Yesterday I finished the quilt I was making for Emma. I've only ever made one quilt before and that was last year for my niece Abigail, and that was a different style. I decided to do a block quilt, it was fairly easy but a lot of work. In Emma's room, on the one wall I did hoops filled with fabric as decoration, I bought too much fabric so I thought I would put the remaining pieces to use and make a quilt to match. I don't normally mix and match fabrics but I seen examples online and it looked sharp, I just had to get over my urge to match everything and I'm glad I did- I love the contrasting colours!
 




 
I'm not done decorating her room, I have lots of ideas I just have been busy with other things that I haven't gotten around to finishing it how I want it. But I did do these fabric hoops above her crib.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! Was it hard to "quilt" it when you were done? The fabric all looks great together!I would have a hard time getting the right contrast with fabrics...good choices!

    ReplyDelete